Concrete Slam, Death Threat, Bar Fight: Oakdale Police Blotter
Here is a selection of incidents recently responded to by the Oakdale Police Department.
The following is a summary of incidents that occurred in Oakdale between Nov. 28 and Dec. 2 as provided by the Oakdale Police Department.
- A 44-year-old man was arrested for allegedly throwing his 21-year-old son to the ground. The man’s wife and the son’s girlfriend both gave statements to the police regarding the incident.
- Police responded to a report of two men fighting in the garage at the 4800 block of Helena Lane. When police arrived the doors were closed and no one would come to the door. Later, police found one of the men, who had significant facial injuries. The man said that a 26-year-old Oakdale man caused the injuries. The man said that he first punched the 26-year-old man and then he fought back and repeatedly punched him in the face and hit his head on the concrete.
- Police were dispatched to Demori’s Italian Restaurant regarding an assault report. The 31-year-old complainant said that he was punched in the mouth by a man inside Demori’s who deliberately damaged his eyeglasses. A witness said he saw the suspect leave in a Toyota Camry. Bar employees and the witness said the suspect is a frequent customer.
- A 37-year-old man reported a threatening phone call around 9:30 p.m. on Nov. 27. The caller said that if he ever saw the complainant he would beat him with a tire iron and wouldn’t stop until he was dead. The complainant said that the caller was intoxicated and has not had problems with him in the past. The complainant believed that the caller was upset because the complainant is married to his child’s mother. The man wanted to document the incident.
- A 24-year-old man was arrested after allegedly assaulting a woman at the 1300 block of Gentry Avenue. The woman said she was thrown against a wall and then onto the ground. Police observed scratches on the woman’s neck. The man said he was acting in self-defense. The man was cited for domestic assault and booked in Washington County Jail. The man also had a warrant out from Ramsey County for a DWI.
- Police responded to a theft report on the 2700 block of Holly Avenue. Someone broke into the complainant’s outdoor shed and took a pop up ice shelter valued at $150 and an ice auger valued at $300. The complainant found the auger under a nearby pine tree, but the motor was removed.
- Police responded to a theft report at Best Buy. Best Buy reported that one of its male employees was seen in surveillance footage stealing a valid $50 gift card and use it on Nov. 24.
- A 51-year-old woman reported that her live-in 46-year-old boyfriend assaulted her. Police observed red marks and scratches on her neck. The woman said her boyfriend disconnected the phone when she tried to dial 911. The woman reported that her boyfriend threatened to kill her for calling the police. The man was booked in Washington County Jail.
- Police were dispatched to the 4100 block of Gershwin Avenue on a domestic assault report. A woman reported that her boyfriend punched her several times in the face. The woman had a bloody nose and left ear and also had several scrapes on her arms and legs. The woman said the assault happened in the hallway at the residence. The man was arrested and booked in Washington County Jail.