Craigslist Swindle, Coercion, Mugging: Oakdale Police Blotter
Here is a selection of incidents recently responded to by the Oakdale Police Department.
The following is a summary of incidents that occurred in Oakdale between Jan. 14 and Jan. 17 as provided by the Oakdale Police Department.
- A 12-year-old boy was walking at Greystone Avenue and Grospoint Avenue when two men came up behind him and pushed him down. The men told the boy to give them everything that he had. The boy gave them his iPod Touch. The men left on foot. Police were unable to locate the men.
- Police responded to a domestic assault report at the 6500 block of Fourth Street. The incident was between a mother and daughter. The mother reported that her 14-year-old daughter kicked, bit and punched her and pushed her down one flight of stairs. The girl admitted to kicking, pushing and biting her mother during the Miranda interview. The girl was transported to Washington County Jail and issued a juvenile citation.
- Police received a theft-by-swindle report. A man reported that he placed an ad on Craigslist to sell his Yamaha scooter and was contacted by a PayPal email. The email stated that $1,850 had been placed in his PayPal account but that the man had to deposit $650 first. The man completed the transaction for $708 on Jan. 13 and another $1,036 on Jan. 14, suffering a loss of $1,744.
- Police responded to a theft report at Fleet Farm. A 19-year-old man tried to steal $42 worth of merchandise.
- A woman reported that her 24-year-old son had been in contact with a woman in Morocco via the Internet. The two had been talking using a video chat. The man sent the woman a compromising video of himself and the woman threatened to post the video online if he did not pay her an undisclosed amount of money. The man gave the woman his credit card number, but no transactions were made.
- Someone damaged the front passenger-side bumper of a police squad car at the 1500 block of Hadley Avenue. The damage is estimated to have happened after Jan. 8.
- $15,000 worth of welding wire was stolen from a trailer at the 6400 block of 56th Street.
- Police responded to a third-degree burglary at a restaurant on the 7000 block of 10th Street. Someone smashed the front doors and took $1,720 in rolls of coins.
- A man reportedly punched and shoved a woman at the 6400 block of Upper 54th Street. The woman told police that her boyfriend punched her in the mouth once and then shoved her into a wall. The man denied punching the woman but admitted to grabbing and shoving her. The man was cited for domestic assault and brought to Washington County Jail.
- Police responded to suspicious activity. The complainant said he received a voicemail from a friend who said, “Come get me. I’m locked in a basement under a table.” The complainant said the man is homeless and a chemical abuser. The message was left from an unknown number.