Five Things You Should Know Today: Aug. 3
The Washington County Fair opens today, and a Beyond the Yellow Ribbon meeting will be held tonight.
- The weather today will be sunny with a high near 85, according to the National Weather Service.
- If you’re interested in supporting service members as an individual and a community, you might want to stop at Platinum Bank this evening at 5 p.m. for a Beyond the Yellow Ribbon meeting. The bank is at 7667 10th St.
- The Brio Brass Band performs starting at 7 p.m. tonight at the Walton Park band shell as part of the city’s summer concert series. There’s only one more concert in the series after tonight. You can also stop by the Oakdale Farmers Market out in the parking lot before the show.
- The Washington County Fair starts today and runs through Sunday. The opening day parade takes place at 6 p.m. this evening and The Retreads, a classic rock and pop band, performs tonight at 8 p.m. at the fair.
- Tony Bennett was born on this day in 1926. Although known for his singing, Bennett is also an accomplished painter with his work displayed in various galleries including the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington D.C.