Five Things You Should Know Today: May 31
A new feature from Oakdale Patch
This is the first in what we’re planning to make a regular weekday feature on Oakdale Patch. Tell us in the comments what you think of it, and what kind of information you would like to see on a daily basis.
- Plan for a breezy day today, with winds between 13 and 23 mph, and gusts as high as 36 mph, according to the National Weather Service forecast. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers before 7 a.m., but the day should be mostly sunny with a high near 77, according to the forecast.
- There’s still time to gather up a softball team an enter in the coming weekend’s 14th Annual Cuts Classic Softball tournament at Walton Park, which raises money for scholarships and youth sports teams. Find more information here.
- In case you were out of town over the weekend, the stolen Oakdale Public Works Department truck was recovered Saturday in St. Paul.
- No one was injured in a major house fire on Golfview Avenue late last night, but the fire caused extensive damage throughout the home.
- According to minnesotagasprices.com you’ll find the cheapest gas in town for $3.66/gallon (regular) at the Corner Store at 5699 Geneva Ave. N., but it only beats out the rest of the competition in town by one penny.