CodeRED Test at Noon, Help in Finding an Oakdale Gym
Five things you should know today, Wednesday, Jan. 4
1. Today's weather will be mostly sunny with a high near 38, according to the National Weather Service forecast.
2. The Twin Cities East Mothers & More group is meeting at 7 p.m. tonight at Oak Meadows Senior Living to talk about turning dreams into reality. Deborah Peters Splett, a leadership facilitator and consultant, designer and coach will speak. Newcomers are welcome.
3. Looking for an Oakdale gym to help you fulfill a New Year’s resolution? Here’s a rundown of the local gyms we published in August. Sky Zone trampoline park and the City of Oakdale’s Parks and Recreation Department also offer fitness classes.
4. Jan. 4 is National Trivia Day. Be sure and impress your friends with your knowledge of obscure facts, and answer our trivia question (no Googling!): Why did Minnesota students Scott and Brennan Olson invent in-line skates in 1980?
5. If you are registered for Washington County's CodeRED emergency notification system, you should get a test message at noon today.