New Business Approval, Soldier Honored, County Commissioner Plans: Week in Review
Here are some highlights of Oakdale news that occurred this week.
In case you missed it, here are some highlights of Oakdale news that occurred between Monday, Nov. 5, and Friday, Nov. 9.
- What's Oakdale's top seller? Oakdale Patch reports recent home sale prices in and around Oakdale.
- What did they say? Letters to the editor and blog posts about this year's election.
- Blue Survey: President Barack Obama's ground campaign and a shifting sentiment toward the two constitutional amendments have the state's DFL party feeling positive headed into Election Day.
- Flash Poll: Despite support from the Minnesota GOP, Patch's panel thinks the amendment to define marriage as a union between one man and one woman will fall short.
- Elections Guide: The candidates, voting information and issues that will be affecting Oakdale.
- RESULTS: From the Presidential and Congressional races to the proposed Marriage Amendment and Voter I.D.
- With 80 percent of the precincts in the Fourth Congressional District McCollum has been projected the winner over GOP candidate Tony Hernandez.
- President Obama defeated Republican Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election.
- Voters in Minnesota on Tuesday cast their ballot for Barack Obama, giving him the state's 10 Electoral votes.
- RESULTS: Oakdale Patch's Local Election Hub for local races impacting the Oakdale area.
- Here is how each precinct voted in the races affecting Oakdale, as well as the two amendments.
- Ted Bearth won the Washington County District 2 seat against incumbent Bill Pulkrabek.
- Here are the results for Senate District 53.
- Unofficial results show that JoAnn Ward (DFL) beat Pam Cunningham (GOP) for the state House of Representatives District 53A.
- Here are the candidates who were elected to the school board.
- Unofficial results for the state House of Representatives District 43B.
- Washington County Board Election Results (Updated)
- Results for Senate District 43.
- Ted Bearth will be sworn in on Jan. 8; Bill Pulkrabek is unsure of his future plans.
- The council voted 4-1 to approve the site plan for a new day care center after the applicant provided safety measures.
- City council candidates Stan Karwoski and Paul Reinke ran unopposed.
- Let one of our Patch Pros answer your questions about winter car maintenance.
- Use this forum to discuss kid issues with other parents. This week, we tackle children and politics.
- The 2012 Christmas Tree season begins Nov. 17 at Krueger's Christmas Tree Farm.
- An Oakdale business was honored as one of Minnesota's "best and brightest".
- What's selling on Craigslist in Oakdale?
- An Oakdale resident will be honored as a "wounded warrior" during the Vikings game on Veterans Day.