Oakdale Voter Registration for 2012 General Election
Here's what you need to know about election day voter registration.
Before heading to the polls make sure you're registered to vote.
If you pre-registered to vote by Oct. 16 then you do not need to bring anything with you to the polls. If you aren't sure if you are registered, check out the Minnesota Secretary of State's registration search tool by clicking here.
If you are not registered or if you need to update your registration information then you can do so at your polling location as long as you bring proof of residence.
According to the SOS, to register at your polling place on election day you must bring one of the following with your current name and address to verify your residence in the precinct:
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, learner’s permit, Minnesota ID card or receipt for any of these.
- A valid student ID card including your photo, if your college has provided a student housing list to election officials.
- A Tribal ID card that contains your picture and signature.
- A valid registration in the same precinct under a different name or address.
- A notice of late registration sent to you by your county auditor or city clerk.
- A voter registered in the same precinct as you who can confirm your address with a signed oath.
- An employee of the residential facility where you live who can confirm your address with a signed oath
- Both 1) a photo ID from the list below, and 2) a current bill from the list below with your current name and address in the precinct:
|Photo ID's (may be expired)||Bills (delivered electronically or by mail)|
|Minnesota Driver's License||
Utility Bill due within 30 days of election day, including: Telephone, TV, Internet, Electric, Gas, Solid Waste, Sewer Services, Water
|Minnesota ID Card||Rent statement dated within 30 days of election day that itemizes utilities|
|United States Passport||Current student fee statement|
|United States Military ID Card|
|Tribal ID Card|
|State University, College or Technical College ID Card|