Police Patrol Method, Bachmann Spotlight, $2.6 Million Price Tag: Week in Review
Here are some highlights of Oakdale news that occurred this week.
In case you missed it, here are some highlights of Oakdale news that occurred between Monday, Oct. 15, and Saturday, Oct. 20.
- Oakdale Patch reports recent home and building sale prices in and around Oakdale. This week's top seller was for $2.6 million.
- Patch political cartoons from Steve Brady.
- We're searching for the best Halloween Costume in America. Enter yourself or your kids for a chance to win $5,000.
- What's selling on Craigslist in Oakdale?
- An Oakdale resident planned to play video games for 24 hours on Oct. 20 to raise money for Gillette Children's Hospital in St. Paul.
- Excedrin Migraine is coming back to shelves. The product has been off the shelves since a January recall.
- President Barack Obama and former Gov. Mitt Romney hit key points again and again Tuesday night in their second of three debates. Who came out ahead?
- In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, here is information on local breast cancer support groups.
- Visions for Vacancies: What should fill the space at 7105 10th Street?
- Coal tar-based sealant use is now banned in the city of Oakdale.
- Area residents participated in Patch’s live blog during Tuesday's second debate. See what they said.
- A breast care coordinator, cancer survivor and proprietor of a boutique that caters to women in the midst of breast cancer treatment will answer your questions about breast cancer for the next two days.
- The film follows an Iowa housewife who seeks answers from GOP presidential candidates on the campaign trail.
- Early detection of breast cancer through routine exams saves thousands of lives every year. Here's where to go in and around Oakdale.
- As a parent-to-be I get people I know (and don't know) doling out advice, even when you don't ask for it. Do you have any advice?
- The Oakdale Police Department is testing out a new way to patrol the Oakdale Nature Preserve and city parks.
- A candidate forum for the North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District is on Monday, Oct. 22.
- Tartan High School and North High School will be participating in the 2012-13 Spotlight Musical Theatre Program.
- The Tartan Titans lost to North High School on Wednesday.
- Can Oakdale Patch stump you? Here is a test to see how well you know Oakdale.
- Unemployment numbers dropped in Washington County and the rest of the state.
Be sure to "Like" Oakdale Patch on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and sign up for our free e-newsletter , which sends you updates about stories, breaking news, announcements, events and blogs on our site.