PRIMARY ELECTION: Polling Locations, Candidates, Ballots
The primary on Tuesday, Aug. 14 will decide the final two candidates for the Washington County Commissioner District 2 seat.
The Primary Election takes place on Tuesday, Aug. 14. Here's a guide on polling places, candidates and sample ballots.
Polling places in Oakdale will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. If you're not sure what precinct you live in then check out the Secretary of State's Polling Place Finder.
- Precinct 1: First United Pentecostal Church
- Precinct 2: Transfiguration Church
- Precinct 3: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Precinct 4: House of Prayer Church
- Precinct 5: Silver Lake Church
- Precinct 6: Oakdale Discovery Center (not located in Precinct 6)
- Precinct 7: Hope Church
- Precinct 8: Guardian Angels Church
ON THE BALLOT
Since Minnesota has an "open primary," voters will not be required to register with a political party. However, primary voters cannot vote for candidates in more than one political party, according to the Minnesota Secretary of State.
The winners from the Aug. 14 primary will move on to the general election on Nov. 6.
- Bill Pulkrabek
- Joseph T. Delaney Sr.
- Ted Bearth
State Representative - District 43B
- Bob Zick
- Kevin J. Klein
- Tim David
Minnesota Open Progressives
U.S. Representative District 4
- Tony Hernandez
- Ron Seiford
Associate Justice 4
- Alan Nelson
- David R. Stras (Incumbent)
- Tim Tingelstad
Check out what the ballot will look like in your precinct: