Shooting Threat, Drug Dealer Steals Woman’s Tablet, Bar Fight: Oakdale Police Blotter
Here is a selection of incidents recently responded to by the Oakdale Police Department.
The following is a summary of incidents that occurred in Oakdale between Jan. 10 and Jan. 14 as provided by the Oakdale Police Department.
- Police responded to a report of two to four people fighting at Bierstube. When police arrived there were several customers holding down a 42-year-old man. Customers said the man was drunk and out of control. The man reportedly punched a man in the face.
- Police arrested a man at the 7100 block of 17th Street for domestic assault. The man allegedly grabbed his wife around the neck and hit her head against the pantry door. Two 3-year-old boys were present during the assault.
- Police responded to a report of a fight amongst two to four people at the 4700 block of Heather Ridge Road. A party was going on at the residence, but the host said people were only having a verbal argument. No criminal activity was found.
- A woman was reportedly screaming outside the residence at the 6000 block of Stillwater Boulevard. When police arrived the residence was dark and quiet.
- Police responded to a report of a man sleeping on the floor in the building’s laundry room at the 1300 block of Century Avenue. Polcie located the man who said he was a guest of one of the residents.
- A 14-year-old boy left Fleet Farm with $398 worth of merchandise. The boy was issued a citation for the theft. That was the boy’s second attempt at stealing more than $300 worth of merchandise from the store.
- A 32-year-old woman reported that her Blackberry tablet was stolen from her trailer in June 2012. The woman believed a 21-year-old Oakdale man stole the tablet while he was selling her marijuana at the trailer. The woman did not see the man take the tablet.
- Police were dispatched to the area of 50th Street and Hamlet Avenue on a report of suspicious activity. The complainant said his 15-year-old daughter was threatened by a man with a gun at a bus stop. The girl provided a statement to police, stating the man said, “Hey you, come here! I will shoot you!” The girl said she saw the man holding a small, black handgun in his right hand. No witnesses saw the incident.
- An employee who was recently fired from her job allegedly texted her boss that she would call the IRS and “make her pay.” Police contacted the woman to tell her to stop contacting her former employer.
- A woman reported that the father of her three children was calling and texting her saying he had people watching her. The woman reported that he called her five times and sent her three to four text messages that month.
- Police were dispatched to Riley’s Bar on a report of a fight. A 33-year-old North St. Paul woman reported that a 44-year-old St. Paul woman punched her. The St. Paul woman also claimed to be the victim. The police report states that the St. Paul woman tried leaving the scene when police arrived. Neither woman wanted to pursue charges.
- A 19-year-old man was arrested at the 6900 block of 10th Street on a warrant from Washington County for underage drinking and for drug paraphernalia possession. The man was reportedly sleeping in a common area of the building because he was cold. Police found three marijuana pipes and a scale in his backpack.