Top Five Government Stories of 2011
These are our picks for the most important government-related stories covered on Oakdale Patch in 2011. Let us know your choices in the comments!
Editor’s Note: Throughout the week, Oakdale Patch will be highlighting some of the most read and most memorable stories we ran throughout 2011.
1. Minnesota Government Shutdown Causes Ripple Effects for Local Governments, Businesses and Individuals, All Of Our Minnesota Shutdown Coverage, updated July 16
2. Oakdale City Employees Seek Union Protection, Oakdale City Employees Vote to Unionize, posted Aug. 18
3. City Cuts Lifeguards to Save Money, Oakdale City Council Votes to Stop Funding Lifeguards at Tanner's Lake Beach, posted Feb. 23
4. Oakdale City Council Holds Off on Vets Memorial to Seek State Funds, Oakdale Veterans Memorial Will Wait until 2012, Council Decides, posted Aug. 10
5. Oakdale City Council Supports Ball Field Lighting at Tanner’s Lake Park, Ball Field Lighting Gets Oakdale Council Approval, posted Oct. 12