Halloween is almost here, and there are a couple of events coming up in Oakdale.
Here’s a quick list of some Halloween happenings in Oakdale and the surrounding area. If you know of additional events going on in town or nearby, tell us about them in the comments section.
The Woodbury Community Foundation’s Soiree Spooktalular is set for Friday, Oct. 26, at the Prom Center in Oakdale.
The event—which kicks off at 6:13 p.m.—is the organization’s biggest fundraiser of the year. Tickets cost $75 and can be purchased through the Woodbury Community Foundation’s website.
Costumes are encouraged but not required. Last year’s event raised nearly $26,000.
Oakdale Fire Department
- The Oakdale Fire Department is hosting a Pumpkins & Paws 'Howl'oween Spooktacular. It’s set for 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, at Station No. 2. The event is fundraiser for the St. Francis Animal Rescue, an all-volunteer nonprofit. There will be numerous activities, snacks and photo opportunities.
- The Oakdale Fire Department will be handing out hotdogs from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at Station No. 2. The fire department encourages families to stop by for some free hot dogs and show off their Halloween costumes.
House of Prayer Lutheran Church
The House of Prayer Lutheran Church will be hosting its third annual "Trunk or Treat" event in the church parking lot from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28.
The event is free. Hot chocolate and popcorn will also be provided.
- The Woodbury Savers store will hold a “Costume Catwalk” fashion show at 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25. The event is meant to showcase top costume trends, and employees will be on hand to help people come up with their own costume ideas.
- The Valley Creek Mall invites kids to trick or treat at its stores from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27. Children can get their picture taken with a scarecrow, and participate in craft projects and coloring contests. The Fall Festival event is free, but people are encouraged to bring a donation for theChristian Cupboard Food Shelf.
- Lookout Ridge—the indoor playground at the Central Park facility—will host a Halloween party from 1-4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 28. Come dressed in a costume and receive a treat bag (first 50 paid admissions for the day) and enjoy the “spooktakular” festivities.
In an event "rated S for scary," Axdahl's Garden Farm in Stillwater invites people to check out the haunted barn, trail and maze during its FarmScare. (It’s not recommended for children under 13 without an adult.)
The cost is $12, with a $2 discount for the donation of a non-perishable food item. Axdahl’s is located at 7452 Manning Ave. N. in Stillwater.
A Hilltop Pumpkin Party will be held at YMCA Camp St. Croix at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27.
The event will feature horse-drawn wagon rides, K-9 demonstrations, petting zoo, pony rides, a magician, arts and crafts, pet and kid costume contests, and more.
Camp St. Croix is located at 532 County Road F in Hudson.