Invite a friend
Rainbow Volunteer Expo
Learn about volunteer opportunities, win $100 Rainbow gift card
A new year often brings resolutions to do more good and get involved in the community. With Minnesota ranking as one of the top states for volunteerism, it’s likely that many people are looking for opportunities to share their time.
On Tuesday, February 12 Rainbow is holding a Volunteer Expo to encourage Minnesotans to explore volunteer opportunities at seven area non-profits. The nonprofits will be staffing tables throughout the St. Paul Midway Rainbow store (1566 University Ave West St. Paul) from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Representatives from the nonprofit will be on-hand to discuss various ways people can get involved with their organizations.
Rainbow is encouraging visitors to its store to stop by each table. A Volunteer Expo passport will be available and anyone who submits a passport with a stamp from each nonprofit will be entered in a drawing to win a $100 Rainbow gift card.
Additionally, The Roundy’s Foundation is donating individual grants to each organization, for a total donation of $43,000 to the seven nonprofits:
• Canvas Health - Oakdale, MN - $3,000
• CAPI USA – Minneapolis - $10,000
• Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis - $5,000
• Domestic Abuse Project – Minneapolis - $5,000
• GMCC/Division of Indian Work - Minneapolis - $10,000
• Loaves and Fishes – Minneapolis - $5,000
• St. Paul Area Council of Churches – St. Paul, MN - $5,000