If the late-season snow has you dreaming of getting out in the garden, maybe this will lift your spirits.
The dates for the annual Maplewood/Oakdale Lions Club plant sale are set.
The sale will be held at Richard Walton Park at 15th Street and Hadley Avenue in Oakdale:
- 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, May 9
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, May 10
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 11
The sale benefits the activities of the Maplewood/Oakdale Lions Club. Those efforts, according to the group’s website, include:
- Sponsors of programs to assist the handicapped
- Contributions to Ramsey County Nursing Home
- Area high school activities
- Leader Dog School for the Blind
- Funds to aid in the construction of the Lions pavilion in Richard Walton Park
- Participants in the purchase of medical equipment for local fire and police
- Sponsor an active Hearing Conservation Program
- Donations to Merrick Community Services, Totem Town, North St. Paul Foodshelf
- Annual scholarship donations
The Lions club meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of every month at Oakdale City Hall. For more information, visit the local Lions Club's website.