The following is a summary of incidents that occurred in Oakdale between Nov. 23 and Nov. 27 as provided by the Oakdale Police Department.
- Police were dispatched to Fleet Farm on a shoplifting report. A 20-year-old man tried to leave the store with a facemask valued at $21.99. The man was cited and released on scene.
- Police responded to a theft report at the 6000 block of 50th Street. A woman reported a missing kitchen knife. The woman said she saw the knife that morning, but then it went missing. She said she was concerned about her DNA being on the missing knife. There was no forced entry.
- Police responded to a theft report at the 6000 block of 48th Street. An air conditioning unit, furnace and appliances valued at $6,200 were stolen.
- Police responded to a domestic assault report at the 6800 block of 35th Street. A 61-year-old man allegedly punched his 49-year-old girlfriend after they got in a verbal argument. The woman said that her boyfriend punched her in the chin.
- A digital camera was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle on the 4100 block of Gershwin Avenue. The camera was worth $500.
- Police responded to a vehicle theft report on the 6500 block of Lower 12th Street. The complainant said that an unknown person entered all three vehicles in the attached garage and took a hat and gloves set from Gander Mountain worth $23.
- Police responded to a report of disorderly conduct outside of Riley’s Pub and Grill. The complainant said that a 47-year-old man “engaged in offensive and abusive behavior” at the facility. An 80-year-old female witness said that the man was provoking brawling outside the bar and hit her in the mouth. The man was cited and brought home.
- Police were dispatched to the 4800 block of Hillvale Avenue on a suspicious vehicle report. When police arrived an officer made contact with the driver in the vehicle. Police could smell a strong odor of marijuana. The driver turned over 9 grams of marijuana and a marijuana pipe. The man was cited and released.
- A man was found shoplifting $16 worth of merchandise at Menards. When the man was apprehended the Menards employee who apprehended the suspect also found a plastic container with a white substance inside. The man admitted it was methamphetamine. The man was booked in Washington County Jail for fifth degree drug possession and theft charges.
- A burglary was reported at a local business on the 1300 block of Geneva Avenue. Police found several points of forced entry into the business. Stolen from the building was a laptop computer valued at $1,800.
- A woman reported that her 17-year-old daughter was assaulted by her boyfriend who lives in Oakdale. The woman said the girl's 22-year-old boyfriend yanked the girl out of bed by her hair and dragged her across the floor by her hair when she was visiting him at the 7000 block of 13th Street. The girl had visible bruising and scratches on her upper left arm. The daughter refused medical attention. The Oakdale man was cited for domestic assault.