The following is a summary of some of the incidents that occurred in Oakdale between Aug. 31 and Sept. 4 as provided by the Oakdale Police Department.
If arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- During a routine patrol police saw a juvenile male standing near the open rear door of his car. When the boy saw police he started running. The boy fled police on foot on the 7100 block of 38th Street despite officers commanding him to stop. Officers caught the 16-year-old boy who was intoxicated with a blood alcohol content of .166.
- Police responded to a theft report on the 6700 block of 12th Street. A man reported a stolen car battery from a trailer in his driveway and about $200 worth of damage to the trailer wiring. Total theft value is $80.
- A 23-year-old Oakdale woman reported domestic assault by strangulation. The woman said her boyfriend grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the wall. He also grabbed her neck in the apartment complex's hallway. The woman reported that the man took her cell phone as she was calling 911. The woman had a cut on her lower lip and neck and back pain. The man fled the residence before police arrived. The report has been forwarded to the Washington County attorney.
- Police responded to a theft report at Kmart. A 63-year-old woman tried leaving the store with $161 worth of merchandise. The woman left a pink Hello Kitty slipper that she had been wearing in the parking lot. Police used the woman's license plate number to track her down.
- A bike was reported stolen from Oakfield Park. A heavyset male was seen riding away on the bike.
- Police responded to a theft report at Fleet Farm. A 31-year-old Hugo woman put the price sticker of a 15 pound roast pan worth $12.89 onto a 20 pound roast pan worth $19.99 and tried to pay for the more expensive roast pan with the less expensive price sticker. The woman admitted to the theft and was cited.
- Police were searching for a 27-year-old man wanted for a domestic situation. They found him hiding behind heavy brush on the 1600 block of Helena Road. The man fled police, despite officers commanding him to stop. The man jumped the freeway fence and hid behind a nearby wall. Officers found the man and took him into custody. He had two warrants for felony domestic assault.
- A 1995 Toyota Corolla was stolen on the 1200 block of Glenbrook Avenue. The vehicle was unlocked.
- Police responded to a criminal damage to property report on the 5200 block of Gershwin Avenue. The complainant said someone broke his front glass door between Sept. 1 and Sept. 4. Police found two small green glass BBs from a BB gun. Police suspect the BBs were used to break the glass door. The estimated value from the damage is $1,300.
- Police responded to theft report at Fleet Farm. A 20-year-old Hutchinson woman took $37 worth of merchandise. Loss prevention stopped the womana as she was leaving and she gave them an old red knife that was not from Fleet Farm. The woman left the store and the case is pending.