A Hugo man was transported to Regions Hospital after hitting a woman's car on Hadley Avenue on Aug. 26.
According to the initial complaint, a 29-year-old White Bear Lake woman was driving northbound on Hadley Avenue and the 49-year-old motorcyclist was driving behind her.
The complaint states that the woman pulled over on the shoulder and did a U-turn to go southbound on Hadley Avenue and the motorcyclist hit the woman's car.
The Oakdale Police Department and Oakdale Fire Department responded to the accident and put the man into an ambulance. The man had a skull fracture, his right thigh bone was sticking out of his jeans and most of his right foot was missing, the report states.
The woman was cited for making an unsafe U-turn.
Following are other incidents that were reported from Aug. 26 to Aug. 28:
- Police responded to a theft from motor vehicle report at Marcus Theatres. A man said someone entered his vehicle and took a GPS, two credit cards and his wife's social security card from her wallet. The estimated loss is $200.
- A man reported to the Oakdale PD that someone threw a rock at his car window and cracked his windshield on the passenger side. The incident took place on Granada Aenue and Granada Way. Police found two juveniles nearby, but both denied any involvement in the incident.
- A woman reported mail theft on the 7000 block of 44th Street. The woman said she mailed letters on Aug. 11 — three containing checks — and the next day she noticed the letters were gone. She placed a stop-payment on the checks and has not had any action on her account.
- Police received an identity theft report on the 7100 block of 38th Street. The woman said someone had abtained her checking account number and was making fake checks with her account. On Aug. 10 $450 was withdrawn and and another $358 was withdrawn. On Aug. 13 there was an electronic payment made to Rainbow Foofds for $142. On Aug. 14 there was an electronic payment made to Rainbow for $171. The victim closed her account.
- A woman on the 1700 block of Helena Road reported that she heard voices in the backyard of a nearby residence. The residence was supposed to be vacant, but the woman heard the sound of someone getting punched in the face. Police checked the house and found a digital scale, a baggie of yard clippings and a Chicago Bulls hat.
- Police received a theft report on the 6200 block of Upper 35th Street. A man reported that his bicycle had been stolen from his porch.
- Police received a theft report on the 6000 block of Upper 51st Street. Someone had stolen a 1999 Buick Century out of a man's garage along iwth power tools from an unlocked truck in the garage. The estimated value was $5,690.