The following is a summary of some of the incidents that occurred in Oakdale between May 12 and May 18 as provided by the Oakdale Police Department.
If arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- An officer stopped a woman who admitted to taking three vicodin and drinking alcohol prior to getting behind the wheel. Two children were in the car with the woman and were later released to the woman’s sister. The woman was arrested on DWI charges.
- An officer went to the 1700 block of Helena Road where a woman had attempted to kill herself. According to the report, the woman “was feeling depressed and stabbed herself.” She was transported to Regions Hospital.
- A drunk driver was stopped on the 4600 block of Geneva Avenue after the driver ran a red light. The driver had a blood alcohol reading of 0.07. and was arrested on fourth-degree DUI charges.
- Four car wheels with tires and four spinners were stolen from an unlocked shed at 5422 Heath Ave. No suspects have been reported.
- A man’s suicidal Facebook postings caused an officer to visit his home on the 800 block of Greenway Avenue. Upon arrival, the victim said he consumed five hydrocodone pills and drank alcohol. The Oakdale Fire Department transported the man to St. Joseph's Hospital.
- A woman’s Toyota Camry was stolen while it was parked on the 1200 block of Glenbrook Avenue.
- The driver’s side window of a Honda Civic was smashed and a laptop stolen from the car while it was parked in Oakdale’s LA Fitness parking lot.
- A man reported that his wife was suicidal. When police arrived on the 6000 block of 10th Street North, they found a woman who was holding a bottle of vodka and a several pill bottles. A message on her computer said, “Goodbye.” An ambulance transported the woman to Regions Hospital.
- A mailbox was smashed at a home on the 6000 block of 4th Street North. No suspects have been found.
- In two separate incidents, two iPod were stolen from the girls locker room at Tartan High School. Both iPods were in unlocked lockers.
- A student set her Samsung cell phone down in the girls locker room at Tartan High School and when she returned, the phone was gone.
- Twenty to 30 teenagers were dispersed by officers after an employee from Captain Grill noticed that the group looked like they were “going to a fight” in Walton Park. Police used air horns and advised the group to leave.
- A resident on the 7000 block of 44th Street North called police after receiving harassing phone calls from 707-508-4204.
- An Oakdale Elementary Student’s mother turned her son in to police after she found out that he had been stealing supplies from classmates.
- A 9-year-old boy’s iPad was stolen from his third grade classroom at Skyview Community School.
- A student was given a citation for fifth-degree assault when he punched another student in the face at Tartan High School.
- Police were called to the 1100 block of Granada Avenue after the resident noticed that her daughter’s car tires had been slashed.
- A woman claimed that she saw three men steal a bike from her garage located on the 3000 block of Granada Way. The bike was recovered by the responding officer.
- Fireworks were lit inside a dumpster at Tartan High School. When police arrived, smoke and flames were coming from the dumpster. Police extinguished the fire.