Thomas J. Fox, 44, was indicted for first-degree premeditated murder and first-degree intentional murder during the course of an aggravated robbery in connection with the December slaying of an Oakdale nanny.
Anthony L. Larson, 36, was convicted of second-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old boy while camping, and at the boy’s Oakdale home.
In other reports, a lost, intoxicated couple showed up at an Oakdale doorstep and someone stole from and vandalized multiple boats.
In other reports, a dog sent a 5-year-old boy to the hospital and a woman’s billfold was stolen from her cart at Rainbow Foods.
An Oakdale woman and her children were still in the hospital Thursday after being hit by a car Monday while crossing Radio Drive to get to Central Park.
In a hidden safe at a home in Woodbury, police found more than a third of a pound of marijuana, a digital scale, drug paraphernalia, baggies and a “large amount” of cash. Steven Charles Heinn, 25, faces felony drug charges stemming from the items found while police were executing the search warrant at the home.
A mechanical problem sparked a fire that led to a vehicle on Interstate 94 becoming engulfed in flames Saturday, April 14.
Three vehicles were reported stolen Thursday night in Stillwater. All three vehicles have been recovered, one of which was reportedly driven into a tree at the Somerset Amphitheater in Wisconsin.
Firefighters extinguished a roll-off dumpster fire Thursday morning on Manning Avenue near Highway 36.
A 45-year-old Minneapolis woman told police she stole a few high-end steaks from Cub Foods, which she planned on selling to a restaurant on Payne Avenue for about $20, so she could purchase alcohol.
Washington County District Court:
According to the Washington County Attorney's Office, the following people made their first appearance recently on felony or gross misdemeanor charges:
- John Edward Noreen, Jr., 22, of Hastings, charged with theft
- Paul Thomas Harrington, 18, of Woodbury, charged with second-degree burglary
- Joshua Francis Meyer, 27, of Stillwater, charged with fifth-degree drug possession and fourth-degree DWI
- Steven Charles Heinn, 25, of Woodbury, charged with fifth-degree drug possession
- Annemarie Vail, 46, of Vadnais Heights, charged with fifth-degree drug possession
- Vinai Lor, 25, of St. Paul, charged with first-degree aiding and abetting damage to property and aiding and abetting theft
- Amir Abd El Malak, 36, of Stillwater, charged with fifth-degree criminal sexual conduct
- Amanda Maria Wallin-Aguirre, 23, of North St. Paul, charged with terroristic threats
- Luke Allen Coquyt, 23, of Grantsburg, WI, charged with fifth-degree drug possession
- Rose Audrey Salkowicz, 23, of Cottage Grove, charged with neglect or endangerment of a child
- Bradley James Spears, 28, of Cottage Grove, charged with third-degree narcotic sale and fifth-degree drug possession
- Courtney Christine Vilela, 34, of Cottage Grove, charged with terroristic threats
- Michael James Vanwert, 33, of Maplewood, charged with second-degree burglary, domestic assault by strangulation and terroristic threats
- Debra Lee Jelinek Gross, 56, of Apple Valley, charged with first-degree DWI
- Chelsea Lynne Warkenthien, 27, of Woodbury, charged with aiding and abetting mail theft and aiding and abetting stolen checks
- Jessica Lee Hart, 35, of Savage, charged with aiding and abetting mail theft and aiding and abetting stolen checks